Notification to the Parties
No. 759 Geneva, 31 August 1993
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Tagging of Crocodile Skins
1. The Management Authority of Papua New Guinea has informed the Secretariat that it has been implementing the Universal Tagging System for the Identification of Crocodilian Skins, recommended in Resolution Conf. 8.14, since 19 July 1993.
2. The Management Authority of Papua New Guinea is using the following tags:
for Crocodylus porosus skins
- Deep red tags numbered PG9300001 POR to PG9305000 POR
- Black tags numbered PG9300001 POR to PG9301000 POR
for Crocodylus novaeguineae skins
- Deep green tags numbered PG9300001 NOV to PG9315000 NOV
- Black tags numbered PG9300001 NOV to PG9302000 NOV
Black tags are used for confiscated specimens.
3. On the occasion of the introduction of the Universal Tagging System, the Management Authority of Papua New Guinea started using the following new stamp:
4. Please refer also to Notification to the Parties No. 770 "Transmission of Documents" and the document forms of Papua New Guinea enclosed with it.
5. Parties are urged not to accept any crocodile skin from Papua New Guinea that does not bear an appropriate tag and is not accompanied by a correct CITES document.
6. This Notification replaces Notification to the Parties No. 470 of 25 March 1988.