The queen conch (Strombus gigas) is a sea mollusc or shellfish, whose shell can attain 30 cm in length and weigh up to three kilos. Queen conch is traded for its meat and shell, found throughout the Caribbean and is listed in Appendix II. This section of the website serves to compile information about queen conch related activities.... See more
Decisions and related documents
- SC69 Doc. 63 - Queen Conch (Strombus gigas) - Report of the Secretariat
- AC29 Com. 9 - Queen conch (agenda item 26)
- AC29 Doc. 26 - Queen conch (Strombus gigas)
- Decisions 17.285 to 17.290 Queen conch (Strombus gigas)
- CoP17 Doc.72- Regional cooperation on the management...
- Decisions 16.141 to 16.148 Regional cooperation on the...
- Doc. 31.2 – Review of Standing Committee recommendation...
- AC 28 Doc.9.2 - Review of Significant Trade in specimens.....
- AC 28 Doc. 19 – Regional cooperation on the management...
- CoP16 Doc. 65 (Rev. 1)- Regional Cooperation on the manage...
- CoP16 Doc. 65 (Rev. 1) Annex
NDFs & Fisheries management
NDFs & Fisheries management (continued)
- 2016 WECAFC Recom...
- 2016 Queen Conch NDF - Honduras
- 2015 CFMC/COPACO/OSPESCA/CRFM/CITES Regional Management and Conservation Plan on Queen Conch
- 2014 Queen Conch NDF - St. Eustatius - Caribbean Netherlands
- 2014 WECAFC NDF Guidelines for Queen Conch
- 2014 Working Group on Queen Conch - Draft Non Detriment Finding Format
- 2014 Working Group on Queen Conch - Draft Summary of the regional queen conch fisheries management and conservation plan
- 2014 Working Group on Queen Conch - Proposal for conversion factors
- 2012 QCEW Meeting Report
- 2008 Carribean Fishery Management Council - Conch Stock Assessment Manual
- 2008 FAO Monitoring and Managing Queen Conch Fisheries
- 2003 CITES & TRAFFIC Report on Review of Significant Trade (AC19 Doc. 8.3. Annex)
Review of Significant Trade
Queen conch (Strombus gigas) was selected twice for the Review of Significant Trade, in 1995 (see AC 12 Summary Record) and in 2001 (see AC 17 Summary record).
- Report of the 16th session of the Western Central Atlantic Fishery Commission 2016
- CFMC/OSPESCA/WECAFC/CRFM Working Group on Queen Conch
- 1st Queen Conch Working Group Meeting 2012
- 2nd Queen Conch Working Group Meeting 2014
- CITES press release about 2nd Queen Conch Working Group Meeting 2014
- Carribean Fishery Management Council
- Central America Fisheries and Aquaculture Organization (Spanish)
- Western Central Atlantic Fishery Commission
- Caribbean Regional Fisheries Management Mechanism
- FAO: Capacity Building - Caribbean Queen conch