CITES approach to compliance
Compliance Assistance Programme
At CoP18, the Parties established a new Compliance Assistance Programme (CAP) aimed at providing targeted support to Parties facing persistent compliance challenges. If a Party is facing compliance challenges, it is invited to approach the CITES Secretariat for advice and guidance.
More information about the CAP available here.
Search for Parties subject to compliance procedures
CITES Parties may be subject to one or more compliance processes. To see which Parties are currently subject to a specific compliance process, or a combination of compliance processes, please tick the relevant boxes below.
For more details about the compliance status of an individual Party, please refer to the country profile of that Party.
Identification of CITES compliance matters
- Resolution Conf. 8.4 (Rev. CoP15) National laws for the implementation of CITES
- Resolution Conf. 12.8 (Rev. CoP18) Review of Significant Trade in specimens of Appendix-II species
- Resolution Conf. 17.7 (Rev. CoP18) Review of trade in animal specimens reported as produced in captivity
- Resolution Conf. 11.17 (Rev. CoP18) National reports
- Resolution Conf. 10.10 (Rev. CoP18) Trade in elephant specimens (with respect to the provisions on the National Ivory Action Plan process)
- Article XIII (see below)