Funding Status for CoP18
Call for support - CoP18
The Secretariat invites all States and organizations that might be able to provide financial support to inform us as soon as possible. The fund-raising target for this project is USD 1 million to enable the Secretariat to provide the same level of support to Parties as at previous meetings.
If you are interested in making a financial contribution to this project, please contact the CITES Secretariat ([email protected]).
Contributions received for the CoP18 Sponsored Delegates Project (as at 9 August 2019)
|European Union||US$ 208,132||US$ 208,132|
|United States of America - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)||US$ 91,394||US$ 91,394|
|Aage V. Jensen Charity Foundation||US$ 9,600||US$9,600|
|CITES registration fees||US$ 100,000||US$ 100,000|
|Hong Kong||HKD 100,000||US$ 12,710|
|Switzerland||CHF 30,000||US$ 29,383|
|Finland||EUR 15,000||US$ 16,634|
|Sweden||SKR 400,000||US$ 42,899|
|Switzerland (additional)||CHF 70,000|
- The selection is based on the four categories of the UNDP Human Development Index, (with priority order starting at the bottom of the lowest development list). However, for CoP16, the Secretariat recommended the use of the same indicator as the one that would be selected in relation to document SC62 Doc. 11 (on Provision of support for committee members) in order to harmonize the approaches to these two support mechanisms.
- Priority will be given to those Parties that attended with fewer than 6 delegates at the previous meeting of the CoP.
Information on other sources of funding for CoP18
Resolution Conf. 17.3 on Sponsored Delegates Project URGES governments, international organisations, non-governmental organisations and private bodies which, instead of using the possibility to provide funds to the Sponsored Delegates Project, decide to fund the participation in CoP meetings of representatives from other Parties (for example by covering travel or accommodation costs), to inform the Secretariat about such funding.
Any information received will appear here.
If any entities wish to provide such information, please contact [email protected].
Previous SDP information
- CoP17 Sponsored Delegates Project
- Document from the 66th meeting of the CITES Standing Committee (Geneva, January 2016) - SC66 Doc.12.7 Sponsored Delegates Project
- CoP16 Sponsored Delegates Project
- Document from the 62nd meeting of the CITES Standing Committee (Geneva, July 2012) - SC62 Doc.10.2.6 Sponsored Delegates Project