Geneva, 16 December 2003
National reporting under the Convention
1. In connection with Decision 12.87 on Reporting requirements, the Standing Committee, at its 49th meeting (Geneva, April 2003), established a Working Group on Reporting comprising Ecuador, Fiji, Japan, the Netherlands (Chairman), Saint Lucia, UNEP-WCMC and the Secretariat.
2. Communicating largely by electronic mail and telephone, the Working Group has made significant progress in conducting a review of reporting requirements under the Convention and developing tools to assist Parties in meeting those requirements.
3. At an early stage in its discussions, the Working Group agreed to seek additional input from all Parties to the Convention with regard to annual reports, biennial reports and computerized systems for permit issuance and reporting. Annex 1 to this Notification contains a list of specific questions on which the Working Group would appreciate feedback.
4. Annex 2 to this Notification contains a draft format for the preparation of biennial reports, which the Working Group has developed. It is based on a series of questions (to be answered by ticking boxes) to guide Parties through the reporting process.
5. Parties are invited to submit to the Secretariat, by 15 February 2004, their responses to the questions in Annex 1 and their comments on the draft in Annex 2, together with any information they believe could be relevant. The Secretariat will pass the replies to the Working Group.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|