Geneva, 7 February 2003
Traditional Asian Medicine Identification Guide
- In the second half of 2002, TRAFFIC International distributed a printout copy of the Traditional Asian Medicine Identification Guide for Law Enforcers. This guide was produced by HM Customs and Excise of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and TRAFFIC International with financial support from the CITES Secretariat, Partnership for Action against Wildlife Crime, the United Kingdom Council of Agriculture and WWF UK.
- A CD-ROM version of this guide was distributed to participants attending the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (Santiago, Chile, 3-15 November 2002).
- Additional copies of the CD-ROM are available from the Secretariat on request.
- The Secretariat has entered into an agreement with HM Customs and Excise of the United Kingdom and TRAFFIC International to prepare an updated version of this guide, which should be published by the beginning of 2004.
- The Secretariat is seeking assistance from the Parties in preparing this update, and would be grateful to receive wrappings or packing materials of traditional Asian medicines claiming to contain CITES-listed species that are not included in the current version of the identification guide.
- The Secretariat would appreciate the contents of this Notification being communicated to the relevant inspection authorities.
|Site map||Search the site||FAQ & contact us||Home|