Notification to the Parties
No. 2000/065 Geneva, 14 December 2000
Submission of nationally-established export quotas for the year 2001
1. The Secretariat plans to issue a Notification on export quotas for calendar year 2001 in March 2001 or earlier if possible, and therefore requests that the Parties provide it with details of the export quotas that they have established for 2001, by 31 January 2001 at the latest.
2. The information requested should be presented in a format similar to that used in the table that was transmitted with Notification to the Parties No. 2000/053 of 31 August 2000.
3. For species included in the table transmitted with Notifications Nos. 2000/053, 2000/056 and 2000/061, changes from the 2000 export quota levels may be transmitted to the Secretariat on an annotated photocopy of the relevant page of that table. Exports quotas for additional species should preferably be provided electronically using the standard nomenclature where there is one. Parties should specify the items in trade.
4. Regarding African elephant hunting trophies, the range States concerned should refer to the section entitled 'Regarding quotas for and trade in raw ivory' in Resolution Conf. 10.10 (Rev.).
5. Regarding the submission of reports pursuant to Resolutions Conf. 10.14 and Conf. 10.15 (Rev.), on the leopard Panthera pardus and the markhor Capra falconeri, the Secretariat reminds the Parties concerned of the provisions of these Resolutions regarding reports relating to trade in skins and hunting trophies of these species.
6. Regarding the Acipenseriformes, the range States concerned are reminded of Decision 11.58 taken at the 11th meeting of the Conference of the Parties that "starting from 1 January 2001, range States should declare coordinated intergovernmental level annual export and catch quotas per basin, or biogeographical region where appropriate, for all commercial trade in specimens of Acipenseriformes. Parties should inform the Secretariat prior to 31 December of the preceding year. Parties that fail to inform the Secretariat will automatically be treated as having a zero quota for the following year."
7. As explained in Notification No. 2000/053, Parties that intend to authorize exports in the year 2001 of specimens that should have been exported as part of the quota for the year 2000 should inform the Secretariat before 15 January 2001 about the quantities still held in stock and the reason why they have not been exported. Otherwise the Secretariat may not be in a position to confirm the validity of the permits concerned.
8. Where possible, the scientific basis or management plan or agreement upon which export quotas have been based should also be communicated to the Secretariat.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home