Notifications to the Parties
No. 2000/045 Geneva, 31 July 2000
Scientific institutions entitled to the exemption
provided in Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention
1. Pursuant to Resolution Conf. 2.14 adopted by the Conference of the Parties at its second meeting (San José, 1979), the Secretariat has communicated to the Parties lists of scientific institutions registered by the Management Authorities of some Parties. This Resolution was repealed at the 11th meeting and replaced by Resolution Conf. 11.15. Registered institutions are entitled to the exemption for non-commercial loan, donation or exchange of museum and herbarium specimens provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention.
2. This Notification is an addendum to Notification to the Parties No. 2000/011 of 31 January 2000 and Notification to the Parties No. 2000/031 of 31 May 2000.
3. At the request of the Management Authorities of Germany and Norway, the Secretariat herewith communicates the following additions and amendments to the lists of scientific institutions entitled to the exemption provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention.
Institut für Paläontologie und historische Geologie
Priv. Dozent Dr Roland Gerstmeier
Technische Universität München
Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA)
4. In accordance with the provisions of paragraph e ii) of Resolution Conf. 11.15, the Management Authorities of Parties that have not yet done so are invited to communicate to the Secretariat as soon as practicable the names and addresses of the registered institutions authorized to apply the simplified procedure provided by Article VII, paragraph 6, of the Convention, or to inform the Secretariat, as the case may be, that no scientific institution of their country is registered for this purpose.
5. When communicating their lists, Management Authorities are invited to assign to each institution a three-digit number chosen at their convenience. The two additional letters of the code will be attributed by the Secretariat under the system adopted by the Conference of the Parties [see Resolution Conf. 11.15, paragraph x)].
6. The Secretariat would appreciate receiving samples of the labels used by all the Management Authorities concerned for communication to the other Parties.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home