Notifications to the Parties
No. 2000/038 Geneva, 31 July 2000
Second joint meeting of the Animals and Plants Committees
Sixteenth meeting of the Animals Committee
Tenth meeting of the Plants Committee
1. The Secretariat hereby informs all Parties that the joint meeting of the Animals and Plants Committees to discuss progress with regard to the review of the criteria to include species in Appendices I and II, as contained in Resolution Conf. 9.24, will be held from 7-9 December 2000 in the United States of America.
2. This meeting will discuss the recommendations from the first meeting of the Criteria Working Group (2-4 August 2000, Canberra, Australia) and the comments from the Parties on these recommendations.
3. The 16th meeting of the Animals Committee will be held from 11-15 December 2000.
4. The 10th meeting of the Plants Committee will be held on the same dates.
5. All three meetings will be held at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, United States of America.
6. Further details of these meetings, including hotel and travel information, will be provided to those who return the registration form attached to this Notification.
7. From 10 August 2000 these details will also be available on the CITES Web site.
8. The Management Authority and Scientific Authority of the United States should not be contacted for this information. More information about the Center is available at the Web site of the Training Center at: http://training.fws.gov/.
9. Documents to be considered at these meetings should be provided to the Secretariat at least 60 days before the meetings, that is before 12 October 2000.
10. Observers from non-governmental organizations may participate in the meetings at the invitation of the Chairman of the Committee concerned.
11. Parties that wish to include subjects in the agenda for any of these meetings are requested to contact the Secretariat or to contact the respective Chairman directly at the address below.
Chairman of the Animals Committee
Dr Marinus HOOGMOED
Chairman of the CITES Animals Committee
NL-2300 RA LEIDEN
Tel.: (3171) 568-7618
Fax: (3171) 568-7666
Chairman of the Plants Committee
Dr Margarita CLEMENTE MUÑOZ
Jardín Botánico de Córdoba
Avda. de Linneo s/n
Tel.: (34957) 20 00 77
Fax: (34957) 29 53 33
12. Only non-governmental organizations that have been invited by the appropriate Chairman to participate in the regular Animals or Plants Committee meeting are entitled to participate in the joint meeting referred to in paragraph 1.
13. Simultaneous interpretation into the three working languages of the Convention will be provided for all three meetings.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home