Notifications to the Parties
No 2000/036 Geneva, 15 June 2000
Third Master's degree course on management, conservation
and control of species in international trade
1. Under the auspices of the Foundation for Biodiversity (the Spanish Ministry of Environment), the International University of Andalucia, in close collaboration with the CITES authorities of Spain and the Secretariat, is organizing the third Master's degree course on management, conservation and control of species in international trade. The course will take place from 2 October to 15 December 2000 in Baeza, Jaén, Spain.
2. The course, directed by Prof. Clemente Muñoz, Chairman of the CITES Plants Committee, will cover all major topics related to CITES. The attached brochure gives details of the objectives of the course, application requirements, course programme, scholarships, contact address, etc.
3. The maximum number of students is 40. The deadline for application is 14 August 2000. In an effort to achieve wider participation, for the first time, this course will be given in Spanish and English with simultaneous interpretation during the whole course.
4. The International University of Andalucia has a restricted number of scholarships available (please see the attached document for details). Parties are encouraged to obtain funding in order to facilitate the participation of candidates from their own countries.
5. The Secretariat wishes to express appreciation to the International University of Andalucia, the CITES authorities of Spain and the Foundation for Biodiversity for their continued endeavour to provide training to achieve more effective implementation of the Convention.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home