Notification to the Parties
No. 1998/57 Geneva, 30 October 1998
Submission of nationally established export quotas for 1999
1. The Secretariat plans to issue a Notification on export quotas for calendar year 1999 as early as possible next year, preferably before the end of January. Therefore, the Secretariat requests that the Parties provide it with details of the export quotas that they have established for 1999, by 31 December 1998 at the latest.
2. The information requested should be presented in a format similar to that used in the table that was transmitted with Notification to the Parties No. 1998/36 of 6 August 1998.
3. For species included in the table transmitted with Notification No. 1998/36, changes from the 1998 export quota levels may be transmitted to the Secretariat on an annotated photocopy of the relevant page of that table.
4. Regarding African elephant hunting trophies, the range States concerned should refer to the section entitled 'Regarding quotas for and trade in raw ivory' in Resolution Conf. 10.10.
5. Regarding the submission of reports pursuant to Resolutions Conf. 10.14 and Conf. 10.15, on the leopard Panthera pardus and the markhor Capra falconeri, only three Parties submitted their reports for 1997 before the deadline of 31 March. The Secretariat therefore reminds the Parties of the provisions of these Resolutions regarding reports relating to trade in skins and hunting trophies of Panthera pardus and Capra falconeri.
6. The Parties are invited to consider, when deciding on the export quotas for 1999, that the information that should be communicated to the Secretariat, and which should appear on export permits, is the annual export quota established for calendar year 1999 (1 January to 31 December). This applies even when the capture or hunting season includes the end of one calendar year and the beginning of the following calendar year.
7. The Secretariat thanks the Parties in advance for their co-operation and prompt action.
Site map Search the site FAQ & contact us Home