Appendices I, II and III
valid from 25 September 2012
- Species included in these Appendices are referred to:
a) by the name of the species; or
b) as being all of the species included in a higher taxon or designated
- The abbreviation “spp.” is used to denote all species of
a higher taxon.
- Other references to taxa higher than species are for the purposes of
information or classification only. The common names included after the
scientific names of families are for reference only. They are intended
to indicate the species within the family concerned that are included
in the Appendices. In most cases this is not all of the species within
- The following abbreviations are used for plant taxa below the level
a) “ssp.” is used to denote subspecies; and
b) “var(s).” is used to denote variety (varieties).
- As none of the species or higher taxa of FLORA included in Appendix
I is annotated to the effect that its hybrids shall be treated in accordance
with the provisions of Article III of the Convention, this means that
artificially propagated hybrids produced from one or more of these species
or taxa may be traded with a certificate of artificial propagation,
and that seeds and pollen (including pollinia), cut flowers, seedling
or tissue cultures obtained in vitro, in solid or liquid media, transported
in sterile containers of these hybrids are not subject to the provisions
of the Convention.
- The names of the countries in parentheses placed against the names
of species in Appendix III are those of the Parties submitting these
species for inclusion in this Appendix.
- When a species is included in one of the Appendices, all parts and
derivatives of the species are also included in the same Appendix unless
the species is annotated to indicate that only specific parts and derivatives
are included. The symbol # followed by a number placed against the name
of a species or higher taxon included in Appendix II or III refers to
a footnote that indicates the parts or derivatives of plants that are
designated as 'specimens' subject to the provisions of the Convention
in accordance with Article I, paragraph (b), subparagraph (iii).